Saturday, October 2, 2010

Liz's Mom by Dana Cooper

7" X 6" oil on gessoed paper

This is my submission for Liz Holm's book. She asked for the other artists to do portraits of some sort which I really love doing. So with a little sleuthing I found an image of Liz's mom on facebook. Though this may not be an exact likeness, I hope I was able to capture something of her spirit!
I am currently in possession of three of these moleskin books and I have to say to the other artists in the project that I am blown away by the quality of every piece in these books. To hold them in my hand and see what the camera does not capture is a real treat beyond words!

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea Dana to paint a portrait of her Mom.It is beautiful and a great addon to liz's book.
    I can see her with a happy tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I praise your sleuthing in finding such a charming pose of her mom. I can feel the joy in this piece not only in the model but also in what she is looking at which for me would be Liz.
    Such a beautiful portrait Dana.
    I'm not Liz but I'm crying.
    I agree with you Dana each book I hold I drool... lol not on the art of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting, I am sure Liz will be touched when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome portrait Dana. I feel a lot of warmth and life coming from this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, a very special portrait for a very special friend. I love the glimmer in her eyes and that most contagious smile, I can't help but smile as I look at Liz's mom. Beautiful and heartwarming, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just incredible. Such an amazing likeness (I've seen that photo)... but you REALLY captured that joyful spirit that emanated from her. Dana, you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Dana. I am speechless. Thank you so much. This is beautiful, and you have absolutely captured her--spirit and likeness both. Thank you.
    xoxoxo You are remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Emotional rendition of Liz's mum! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This portrait reflects a beautiful, loving, spirit, Dana! The eyes and smile speak volumes. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing job, Dana - beautifully handled.

    ReplyDelete